CodeToArt is a custom mobile & web app development company that works with SMEs, startups, and entrepreneurs worldwide. We are a customized service provider because we understand that every client has different business objectives, expectations, and approaches towards the task. We believe in meeting each requirement with a well-researched and unique approach. This approach is defined as "Engagement Models" that CodeTo Art offers to its clients, ensuring complete transparency, and building an ever-lasting relationship.
In this article, you will discover every detail related to the app engagement model and its functionalities.
- The three Engagement Models we at CodeToArt offer - Fixed Cost, Time & Material, Hire A Developer.
- The pros and cons of each engagement model for project development.
- How does each of the model functions?
1. Fixed Cost
When should you opt for a Fixed Cost Engagement Model?
- You have a clear vision for your project requirements.
- Clear about timelines and budget.
- Your requirements are precise and will not deviate much from the original specification.
How does the fixed cost pricing model work?
We work at three stages under the fixed cost engagement model for software development - planning, development, and release. We provide you with a detailed plan of the design, development & deployment. For post product optimization after release, separate contact needs to be signed.
- We communicate with you to get all the information about the project, including objectives, timeline, budget, challenges.
- The business analyst with a strong technical background and good business acumen finds the best solutions and value for your money.
- The developers get into research and analysis of the right technology stack for your project.
- Designers look for the right framework and UX.
- We will send you a detailed plan, specifications, budget, resources, schedule, communication plan, and test strategy.
For app development, we follow the scrum methodologies, where we develop the product in sprints. We have two weeks of sprints at CodeToArt, where we plan some features of the application, ensuring an end to end solution for your web app outsourcing needs. what is scrum methodology?
- Post-release support
After development, you will need to update the product as per the feedback you received from your users. This will need a separate contract to be signed, where we maintain the product post-launch.
2. Time & Material Engagement Model
When should you opt for the time and material model?
- Raw project concept for web and mobile app development.
- The little known target market for defining engagement models.
- Project specifications are not clear and may keep changing.
- The app belongs to medium to high-level complexity.
- You can't define timeline, budget but have visibility about the product requirements.
Time & Material
How does the Time & Material engagement model work?
Which tools do we use to ensure visibility?
Slack - For Team communication
- Zoom - For meetings. But we are open to other options if the client prefers other tools for meetings.
- Gitlab - Code Repository
- JIRA or Trello - We use JIRA or Trello for Project Management, but we are open to other tools for the same if the client prefers a different tool.
- Clockify - For Time tracking
3. Extended Teams/Hire Developers
When should you opt for the Extended team engagement models?
- The project engagement model is suitable for clients who want to strengthen their team with highly skilled specialists.
- Team leaders who have their own SDLC processes and want to manage development themselves.
- The project already has traction in the market.
- The project needs some enhanced features.
- Project management at the client's end.
How does extended team engagement models for app development work?
- We will discuss the specific skill set required for the project.
- You can interview our team of specialists and choose those you would like to hire and assemble an extended group of developers with the right skills and experience.
- We then sign a contract mentioning the cost and timeline. After signing the contract, you can build up a product backlog. Our specialists adjust to the work processes, and you control and coordinate the project.
The specialists work full-time for your project, so they are completely involved and deliver results within the defined timelines.
Choosing the engagement model outsourcing that works best for your app development project leads to long-lasting relationships, collaboration, and an effective workflow between the client and the app development company. Contact us with your project idea so we can share the best fit engagement model for your project.